Sunday 24 August 2014

Samba Gothuma rava dosai

Samba gothuma rava dosai is also called as wheat rava dosai.
I tried out this recepie when I had to do a checklist of my pantry stocks.
When I was planning to submit the list of groceries I came to see that I had 2 packets of samba gothuma rava.
So  I thought instead of making upma every time with the cracked wheat I thought that I can make it like a dosa batter and make delicious dosas.
It is very good , very tasty , very crispy , very healthy .
It is highly recommended for elders particularly to those with diabetics. 




Another interesting idea what I added to this just to add a bit spice in our everyday cooking is that I made this dosa in an electrical chapati maker.
It was so easy , fast , , crispy tooo.

If u do not have a rotimaker u can always use a regular dosa pan to make this delicious dosas.

Ingredients to make the dosa batter 

(The ingredients list is for 3 to 4 persons which can last for a week time when kept inside the fridge )


  • 4 cup samba gothuma ravai
  • 1 cup urad dhal
  • Half cup raw rice
  • Ginger green chilly paste 2 tsp
  • Salt


Procedure to make batter and dosas


  • Soak the rava , urad dhal , raw rice in water for a minimum of 4 hours. 
  • Now add the dhal first in the grinder and make it into a soft smooth paste .
  • Now add the gothum rava, raw rice , salt , ginger green chilly paste and blend nicely .
  • Remove it from the wet grinder and allow it to ferment.
  • Now the batter is all set to make crispy dosas.



  • Now take the roti maker switch it on.
  • Wait till the base gets heated. 
  • When it is heated u get the red light on in my roti maker.
  • Pour the dosa batter , spread.
  • Add some oil.
  • Turn it over wait till it gets roasted.
  • SERVE hot with chutney and sambhar.












No comments:

Post a Comment