Thursday 25 September 2014

NAVARATHIRI

Navarathiri the name derived as this function is celebrated for 9 days.
The first 3 days is celebrated for Durga next 3 days is celebrated for Lakshmi  and thw last 3 days is celebrated for Saraswati .

Amman is celebrated by performing various pooja at home and even in temples. 
In Tamil Nadu we celebrate this function by keeping golu. 

Golu is nothing but arranging various dolls in an artistic manner.

As I have a small child I usually prefer to have a simple golu with an elaborated poojas.

This year 2014 the festival starts on 25of September and last till October 3 rd.

In this post I have added my golu snaps along with my daily prasadams and special poojas.








First day of my pooja I did special prayers for Godess Durga , Prithyangira Devi, Kali amman.

I gave thamboolams for two small kids as starting with them is so auspicious. 

I prepared A simple sweet for prasadam .

I MADE roasted gram powder , as making it is so easy .

PROCEDURE TO MAKE ROASTED GRAM POWDER AS PRASADAM FOR NAVARATHIRI

1 cup roasted gram
Quarter cup sugar
A pinch of elaichi powder 

Method

Take a small blender add the above ingredients and make it into a fine powder.






I wish all the readers of my blog a happy Navarathiri and will upload with more posts of my daily poojas and simple prasadams .

KALI ATHA POTRI !!!?


No comments:

Post a Comment