Sunday 27 July 2014

Aadi Masa Poojai 2014

Aadi month is a month for Goddess Shakthi because she is really worshipped in all the nook and corners of all the areas in Tamil Nadu.
They pour milk to the amman and do '' Paal Abishekam''
All Fridays in Adi month is considered really auspecious.




Aadi Puram
Varalakshmi viratham
Aadi perukku
Aadi amavasi
Aadi kiruthikai
Aadi velli.

These days are really considered very auspecious in performing poojas to Godess Shakthi.
I personally do special poojas to Goddess Kali amman, Prithyangira devi, Varahi amman ,Lakshmi and Durgai.


This year 2014 I  did the Aadi Velli so nicely with my family doing poojas , neivedhyam  givivng thamboolam etc.




When I was jus chatting with one of my friend she was asking me so many questions about Aadi month and its speciality.
So I jus thought I have to share my little knowledge with others which could be so benefecial.Thus I decided to post all my upcoming Aadi friday events to everyone.

AADI POOJAI  25 - 7- 2014 Before I start to write what all I did for Aadi poojai I 
take opportunity to thank my beloved Goddess Amman Kali , Prithyangirai devi, Varahi Amman , Lord BALAJI (our Family God) Baba and Raghavendrar to make me a key to open the lock of so many innocently ignorant people who doesnt know about the speciality of this month.






The first thing i did before starting the pooja is that i cleaned the place and put arisi mavu kolam.

(Though I am not very good at drawing kolam or doing poojas I did this with utmost sincerity and love ,devotion towards Lord and I think that is what is needed or expected from the god towards her devotee)





I thoroughly cleaned the pooja room and kept kumkum on all the Gods .

Then I did a small decoration to my pooja room with few red roses .



(This is the full view of my pooja room)

I lit the Lakshmi villaku and in a small tray I lit two LEMON LAMPS offered PAAL HALWA or MILK HALWA as a prasadam and a cup of lemon juice.

I receited ganesa mantram and few slokas on Durga ,Prithyangira,Kali,Varahi ,Balaji ,Baba etc.

I started this  pooja on Raghu Kalam timings on Friday between 10:30 am to 12 pm which is considered very auspecious for praying Vishnu Durgai.



Last I sang few Devi songs and completed my second week Aadi month Poojai by distributing Prasadams and by giving THAMBOOLAM.


Now let me tell you how to make this simple yet delicious ''paal  halwa'' .





INGREDIENTS 



1 Cup milk boiled
1 cup sugar
quarter cup of rawa ( u can use rawa which is not roasted )
ghee 4 tsp
nuts 

PROCEDURE

Boil the milk





Allow it to cool.Take  a pan put 3 tsp of ghee .





Now add all the ingredients one by one and mix well ( milk, rawa and sugar)




Mix well without any lumpse.





Stir continuously till it becomes thick.




Now take a plate grease it with the ghee and transfer the halwa into the plate. In the same pan fry some dry fruits and garnish the halwa.





















Your halwa is ready and now offer this to our Goddess and get her grace for our happy living.


(  WILL CONTINUE WITH THE THIRD WEEK OF AADI FRIDAY IN MY UPCOMING BLOG )
Om Shakti !!!!!!!!! Mata KALI KI JAI !!!!!!!!!!!!! JAY PRITHYANGIRA !!!!!OM VARAHI NAMAHA !!GOVINDA GOVINDA!!!!!!!! 





AADI POORAM
30-7-2014

Let my beloved Goddess Kali and Lord Venkatachalapathy help me write about the Aadi Pooram festival.



Aadi Pooram - Mahalakshmi Thayar was born in Aadi masam Pooram star as baby  founded by Shri Vishnu Chittar.



She is popularly called as Sudi koduutha Sudar Kodi.It is one of the major festivals for Vaishnavas.Andal wanted to marry Lord Ranganathar.




She has composed various Paasurams .They are Thiruppavai and Nachiyar Thirumozhi.




 Aadi pooram is celebrated in Srivilliputhur in a very grand manner as it is the birth place of Andal.

On this day special poojas were conducted.

In temples women offer glass bangles to the Goddess and they decorate the Goddess with bangles.
Later these bangles were distributed .
It is very auspecious to receite Thiruppavai on this day .







FEW SONGS FROM THIRUPPAVAI



One of the Traditional sweet which is prepared on this day is AKKARAVADISAL.
Here in this recepie I have made a small change from using moong dhal to thoor dhal.
Though it sounds different it tasted so yummy and delicious.
Lets check how to make this sweet rice pudding.












    


INGREDIENTS 

1 cup raw rice
half cup toor dhal (I used toor dhal instead of moong dhal for a change)
1 cup sugar
 4 to 5 tp ghee
dry nuts
pinch of pacha karpooram.
Milk 1 /2 litre packet.

PROCEDURE
Take a cooker dry roast the rice and dhal till the arom comes out.




Add 4 cups of milk and add 1 spoon of ghee and allow it to cook for 4 to 5 whistles.




Take out the cooker cover when the steam goes off completely using a serving spoon mash the rice and dhal nicely.




Now add some more milk ( min 1 cup ) sugar an stir continuously till  it becomes soft and flowy.



Garnish with some ghee and fried dry fruits.




Offer this to Goddess and get her blessings.
Here I have attached some more pictures of the Aadi Pooram festival celebration in my house.


Full view of my Aadi Pooram celebration.



Simple bangle decoration to Amman.




Mata KALI KI JAI.
Govinda Govinda !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jai Sai Ram !!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment: