Friday 29 August 2014

Vinayagar chaturthi and special prasadams

Vinayagar the first god , the God of victory is  highly celebrated on this day called " vinayagar chaturthi "

This day is assumed as the birthday of Lord Ganesha.

On this day we buy Vinayagar made out of mud and he is kept in the pooja room.












First before beginning the pooja I  first draw the ma kolam. 








Above the kolam I placed a big lotus leaf and I kept the Ganesha idols what so ever I had in my house along with the one what I purchased new mud vinayagar for this festival.




we tied two small banana trees on the sides of the mandapam and we offered a special single ladoo which weights half kg to The Lord Ganesha.

We started the pooja by 12 : 30 pm in the afternoon . We did prayers by offering 21 kinds of special leaves .

We did archanai , chanted ashtothram and concluded our pooja with singing few Ganesha songs.

Then I offered food items what ever I prepared special for this festival.

This year I made poorna kozhukatai.





Paruppu vadai 

While making this vada I offered few vadas without adding onions  to the Lord and the rest I kept seperately and I added onions in it.

The one u see in tnis picture is with onions.


Urad dhal urundai




Apart from this I also offered rice with paruppu , fruits for maha neivedhyam.
Thus we ended this pooja by praying the lord sincerely and bless everyone with Happiness. 

Vinayaga saranam !!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment