Saturday 9 August 2014

Varalakshmi poojai procedure and neivedhyam

Varalakshmi poojai is the observance dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi .It is one of the most traditional vratham which is followed by all the Indian ladies .In this blog I have written how I celebrated this vratham (according to my mother in law style )
Lets see how to do this pooja .







Procedure to prepare kalasam

Take a kalasam and clean it .
After cleaning apply turmeric all over and place some kumkum .
Fill the kalasam with raw rice , beetel keaves 2 nos , kumkum , turmeric , lemon, coins .



Now take a coconut wash it and apply the turmeric and kumkum.check the picture for reference.



Now take mango leaves wash and keep it in the kalasam with leaves coming outside . Keep the coconut on top of it .






Take the lakshmi face and tie it over the coconut and decorate as you wish.

After decorating we have to call amman to our house which is called 
"Amman azhaipu " .I kept the amman to one side in my prayer room and I
Started decorating the place where I wish to keep the kalasam. 






First I cleaned the place where I want to keep the kalasam then I applied arisi mavu kolam and placed a coconut leaf like paper plate .
In the plate I put some raw rice spread it wide and I kept some bangles , one new cloth , saradu ,turmeric and kumkum packets , earings , beetel leaf and kept it ready .
On the next day morning after bath I lit lamp and first I made a Turmeric Ganesha and started doing SANKALPAM then I did GANESHA POOJA and I took the KALASAM and placed it on the place where I wanted to keep the Kalasam with full devotion and faith .Then I did Lakshmi poojai and did neivedhyam.
I used a online app on Varalakshmi poojai App for doing this pooja .

How to make saradu and arrange thamboolam

Take a white thread apply turmeric fully and tie it either with a whole turmeric or with flowers .

Keep a minimum of 3 saradus and compulsory tie one for Lakshmi and the rest 
Tie it over the right hand after the pooja.






Take a plate keep two beetel leaves , kumkum and turmeric packs , beetel nut , flower , fruit .
These are the things which has to be kept compulsory in the thamboolam rest its upto the wish of individual of keeping either some gifts or blouse bits .

Keep it before the god and distribute after the pooja .

PRASADAMS I DID FOR THIS POOJA

Poorna kozhukattai
Ammani kozhukattai
Pacharisi idly .

These are the items which is usually prepared in my mother in law house so I practised the same in my house too.





No comments:

Post a Comment